Scheduled release 4/29/2019
We will update the CAWeb Publishing theme to version 1.4.11 on the evening of 4/29/2019. The CAWeb Publishing Service team will be making these updates during our published Preventative Maintenance window, 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM. The update should take no more than 15 minutes and no downtime for site visitors, authors, editors or admins is expected. The features being provided are listed below. If you have any questions or concerns contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of this release we have also updated Divi to version 3.22.4
Accessibility Release (and Other Items)
Accessibility and State Template Fixes
- State Template updates (both accessibility related and others) have been incorporated into the CAWeb Theme. For example, some menu features were not lining up correctly in tablet or mobile modes. We have resolved these issues. If we missed any, please let us know via an incident ticket to the CDT Service Desk. The complete list of State Template fixes applied to this release include the following:
- Made accessibility fixes (added underline styles to the main content links, fixed repetitive links names and removed unnecessary role attributes).
- Removed mapthat plugin and find your location cookie references.
- Updated color scheme files head section
- Updated bootstrap to v4.3.1
- Added 71 more new icons to CAGov font
- Moved modernizr custom build js code into cagov core js file
- Added CDN page
- Fixed color schemes contrast issues
- Modified utility header with flex layout and made it more accessible
- Made Skip to the Content link visible on focus for accessibility
- Removed invisible links from navigation
- Made custom search box accessible
- Improved keyboard navigation
- Fixed sliders and carousel module accessibility
- Added globals.scss styles to core css
- Addressed multiple accessibility issues on multiple sample pages
- The Google Search feature contained several accessibility issues that did not pass validation checkers. If you are using an ADA checker you should no longer get errors related to Google Search.
- Alternative text has been added for images of Mega Menus. You are now able to set a unique Alternative text for images in a Mega Menu. The system will pull from the Media Library Alternative text but you now also have the ability to change the Alternative text for the menu images.
- Favicons were being removed if updates were made to any of the CAWeb Options. After this release is published, make sure your custom favicon is still enabled. To reset a missing favicon, simply open the CAWeb Options Settings and add the Favicon again. Remember to save the settings.
- Font sizes have been expanded to include all sizes between 8 and 36.
- For the Post Detail module you can now select whether you want the Featured image to be displayed or not. This will allow you to display the featured image in the Post List page and suppress it in the actual post if you choose.
- The Post List module has been fixed to correctly display a hyperlink when truncated as part of an excerpt.
- For the Drop Down menu feature only Unit 1 will be available. Unit 2 and 3 have been removed for a Drop Menu.