CAWeb Publishing 1.5.4 Released 6/03/2021
We have updated the CAWeb Publishing theme to version 1.5.4. The CAWeb Publishing Service team has completed these updates. The features being provided are listed below. If you have any questions or concerns contact us at email@example.com.
For this release we are on Divi version 4.9.4
Dear CAWeb Publishing partner agencies,
On June 3rd, 2021 we’re no longer supporting the State Template Version 5.
Your website has now been updated to the state template version 5.5.
If you did not make the change and your top level links no longer go to a page as they did in version 5.0 you will need to add a new sub-item to your menu to point to the page that is no longer available in your current menu.
For sites using a sub menu
Most of the differences between version 5 and 5.5 are minor. The largest change is a tweak to the navigation menu to make it more accessible. If your menu is set to either:
- Mega dropdown
You have a few extra steps to add missing navigation items.
In version 5, users could hover over the top menu item to display sub menu options. If a user clicked or selected a top level item, it would take users to a different page.
Because that creates inconsistent experiences across different devices, we changed it:
- Selecting the top menu item now expands the sub menu
Because the link does NOT take the user to a new page, you may want to add another way for users to get to that page:
- Log in to WordPress as an Administrator.
- Access your navigation menu through the “CAWeb Options / Navigation”.
- Select a menu to edit: “main menu (Header Menu)”
- Using the “Add menu items” list, select the missing page
- Select “Add to Menu”. It will be placed at the bottom of the menu
- Using the “Menu structure” section, drag the item to the correct location.
- Save the menu changes
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each main menu item that linked to a page, post or document.